THE ADVANTAGE OF INTEGRATED CARE
What makes Beacon Health Strategies stand out from competing managed behavioral health organizations (MBHOs)?
It’s a question that all clients, providers, individuals and their families should ask about an organization responsible for managing behavioral health benefits. The answer is simple.
Beacon’s solution never waivers: Provide integrated care to address both the behavioral and medical conditions. Poor care in either area intensifies an individual’s illness and increases healthcare costs, as shown in the graph below. Every Beacon innovation, program structure, and business decision focuses on this single, driving force.
TREAT THE WHOLE PERSON
Coordination of an individual’s care across medical, behavioral health, and social service domains has been the hallmark of Beacon’s approach to care provision and care management since the company’s inception. Indeed, this focus on integrating and coordinating care across the medical/behavior “divide” has been Beacon’s market differentiator and accounts for our accelerating success over the past 15 years.
To that end, Beacon offers an extensive portfolio of well-researched and effective member-centric solutions. The services are designed to meet a client’s particular objectives and take into consideration a client’s membership, product offerings, local health delivery systems and the regulatory environment. Backed by years of proven experience, Beacon’s clients and their members benefit from:
- Local clinical presence of licensed behavioral health professionals and managers who understand the community in which they work
- Best-in-breed clinical programs that deliver unmatched clinical outcomes in a cost-effective manner
- Seamless clinical integration that effectively coordinates care for a member’s behavioral and physical health care needs
- Effective community-based continuum of care that promotes recovery in the community to prevent unnecessary hospitalization
- Superior information technology that facilitates access to timely and relevant clinical operational and financial data
- Rigorous data analysis processes that focus on identifying best practices and demonstrating value
Beacon understands that each individual client has unique needs. Some clients may want to hire an MBHO to handle all aspects of behavioral health program administration, while others may elect to work with an MBHO to provide a very specific set of complex services. In either case, it is imperative that the MBHO and its health plan partner take a holistic approach to each member’s needs and work together to offer the most effective care management programs to address both behavioral and medical conditions. Beacon meets clients’ requirements by offering a comprehensive portfolio of core and specialty services, which can be purchased as a suite or on an a-la-carte basis.
Beacon’s menu of core services consists of a combination of clinical, operational, and financial services, including:
- Utilization review
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)
- Network management
- Quality management
- Care management
- Claims and billing
- Member services
With each of our core services, we move beyond simply facilitating one or more aspects of a member’s behavioral health care coverage. We work with the member and our client to address fully both behavioral and physical needs.
Delivery of our core services is straightforward: We uphold the highest quality standards, provide unmatched customer service, never lose sight of the needs of our members, and maintain fiscal responsibility.
Complementing Beacon’s wide range of core services is a portfolio of specialty services each designed to achieve discrete outcomes. These clinically designed services have a proven track record of effective care management on behalf of members, and include:
- Clinical Decision Support
- Depression Management Programs
- Community Care Management for Medically Complex, Co-morbid Members
- Integrated Partner Model
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialty Care Management
- Psychotropic Drug Intervention Program