Beacon at a Glance
As an industry leader, Beacon maintains a laser-like focus on the needs of our health
plan partners and their members. In doing so, we are able to develop cutting edge
clinical programs that deliver results in the critical areas of access to care,
quality and cost.
Leading the Industry
- Serving the top 3 Medicaid health plans in the country as surveyed by the 2007 US
News and World Report Annual Survey of Top Health Plans
- 7 Day Ambulatory Follow Up Rate: Posting the #2 and #3 rates in the country among
Medicaid plans according to HEDIS
- 30 Day Ambulatory Follow Up Rate: Posting the #1, #2 and #5 rates in the country
among Medicaid plans according to HEDIS
- Fully accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Awarded accreditation in the highly specialized areas of Health Utilization Management
and Case Management from URAC
Since its founding in 1996, Beacon has experienced tremendous growth. Today, Beacon
serves over 1.4 million members, affording them a variety of health and case management
services, tailored to meet their individual needs.
- 3,054 contracted and credentialed providers and facilities
- 4,523 contracted and credentialed provider / facility sites
FlexCare is Beacon’s proprietary information system that fully integrates data from
multiple clinical, administrative and financial sources. The result is a flow of
progressive information that delivers a breakthrough in service delivery efficiency.
Beacon’s Model for Excellence
As a privately held company, Beacon’s structure – our model of organization – has
helped to fuel our growth and continuous improvement. In each of our operational
departments, we are driven to understand and not only meet, but exceed the needs
of our customers.
While many core services provided to our customers are centrally located to achieve
the greatest efficiencies, an equal number of services are provided on a local level
via local staff who understand local service delivery systems. This enables us to
leverage our expertise while simultaneously providing customized solutions by people
who understand your neighborhood.